Monday, March 23, 2009

Life In The Hat Shop

Hello there hat lovers! I'm Paula Settles and I created this blog to share one of the passions of my existance! Hats!

Since I retired from the corporate rat race in 2005, I've discovered that hats are like acting. I can create a different character every day if I choose and on most days....I choose! I've been a part time associate at the great Andrea's Fine Hats & Accessories in Silver Spring, MD for the last 3 years and I cannot begin to tell you what I've learned about hats and about people. Every day brings something unexpected from the customers. It's always a riot. We've often said that we should lobby for a reality show..."Hat Shop", because no one would believe what goes on in there or how much fun we have.

Join me regularly as I post pics and relate stories about our fearless leader Andrea Bray (of WPFW FM 89.3 - The Andrea Bray Show, Saturdays from 4-7:00 pm - The QUEEN of 'old school' rythm and blues!), our associates Michelle and Affi and me, of course. I'll show you the newest in chapeau fashion that's funky, fresh and always hip and rat out our customers who come in and say the most outrageous things! (no names of course, unless they consent!).

You will hear much in the way of 'sidewalk philosophy' and find out just how wonderful 'hat people' are. It's true. Hat wearing is its own separate culture. Hats make you stand out - even small ones. If you have the 'Hattitide' to pull it off, it says something about you and your willingness to be an obvious player in the larger life stage.

I hope you'll visit my blog often, and even stop by the shop and become one with the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment